or Time to replenish your home first aid kit autumn gifts
THE VALERIAN ROOT "WILL CHASE" WORMS
About the sedative action of Valerian on the human nervous system was known to doctors of Ancient Greece. Dioscorides believed Valerian is able to lead thoughts. Pliny the Elder attributed it to the media, stimulating thought, Avicenna recommended for strengthening the brain. In addition, it was considered one of the most popular fragrances. Hence another name - ludnica or wood incense. In folk medicine, the roots and rhizomes of Valerian was used in:
- as a carminative,
In addition, they improve coronary blood circulation, increase biliary excretion and secretion of digestive glands, has antispasmodic and hypotensive action.
They prepare the roots and rhizomes of Valerian in September-October. Dig them up, clear of the ground, the rough part of the rhizome is cut along. Then the raw material is thoroughly washed in running water, podvyalivayut outdoors 2-3 days and laid out to dry in barns, in attics, under tents. Dry root of Valerian has a peculiar and pungent smell, so it must be stored separately from other herbs, in a dry place. It does not lose its medicinal properties for 3 years.
- At high pressure, 10 g of Valerian root pour 1 glass of boiled water and cook on low heat for 30 minutes, to insist 2 hours. Make the remedy 1 tablespoon after meals 3-4 times a day.
- Headaches and migraines: 20 g of Valerian root , pour a glass of boiling water, keep on water bath under a cover for 15 minutes, to insist 45 minutes, drain, overcome and bring boiled water to 200 ml. Take 2-3 tbsp after 30 minutes after eating.
- To calm your nerves, take a hot infusion of the roots of Valerian (2 tsp. of crushed material per Cup of boiling water) and 1 tbsp 3-4 times a day. Children infusion can be given 2-3 times daily 1 teaspoon With increased excitability it is recommended to take 0.3 to 0.5 cups of hot infusion 2-3 times a day; for insomnia - up to 0.5 cups before bedtime.
- When insomnia exists another recipe: 2 tsp dried crushed roots of Valerian, pour cold water and infuse for 8-10 hours, then to heat, filter, drink for 2 hours before bedtime. Or: take the juice of fresh root of Valerian 1 tbsp. l. three times a day.
- During menopause and menopause, pain in area of heart, fatigue 1 tablespoon crushed dried roots of the Valerian dosage pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Let stand for 25 minutes under a lid in a water bath with boiling water, then remove and wait until cool, drain, squeeze, pour boiled water to initial volume. Take 125 ml 2 hours after meals 2-3 times a day.
- Tapeworms: 1 tbsp. l. crushed roots of Valerian officinalis , pour a glass of cool boiled water, to insist under the lid for 8 to 12 hours, to filter. Take 1 tablespoon of infusion 3-4 times a day.
- Epilepsy is effectively a means of Valerian roots: 1 tablespoon crushed material pour 1 Cup of cold boiled water, to insist 6-8 hours, drain. Take 1 tbsp a day. This problem is also used a decoction of the roots: 1 tablespoon crushed material pour 1 Cup of boiling water, boil for 15 minutes over high heat, insist 10 minutes, drain. Take broth 1 tbsp per day.
- In atopic eczema 1 tbsp. l. dried roots pour 1 Cup of boiling water, to insist, wrapped, 1 hour and strain. Take 1 tbsp 4-5 times a day. Children: 1 tsp 3-4 times a day.
- Bath with a decoction of the roots of the Valerian calm the heart and nervous system, they reduce the excitability of the spinal cord and is especially recommended for insomnia, weakness of heart and nerves, in convulsions, colic, asthma, epilepsy, etc., - 100 g of roots insist in 1 liter of water for 10 hours, strain and pour into the tub. - 100 g of roots pour 2 liters of water, bring to boil, after 10 minutes, strain and pour into the tub.
- Powder from the roots of Valerian take for pneumonia: 1-2 g of powder in 1 tbsp water.
- Glaucoma and vision impairment need 50 grams of powder of roots of plants pour 1 liter of red wine, to insist 15 days, strain and take 1 tbsp three times a day before meals.
- To remove tension and spasms due to they will help tea made from the roots of Valerian and lemon balm leaves, taken in equal parts: 2 tsp. of the mixture pour 250 ml of boiling water, let stand for 15 minutes, strain and SIP slowly drink hot.
Attention! Not take Valerian more than 1.5-2 months because of possible irregularities in the esophagus, headache, anxiety, constipation.
THE LICORICE ROOT - HELP FOR THE STOMACH AND BRONCHI
In Tibet it was believed that the licorice root naked promotes longevity. It is also widely used in Assyria, Sumeria, Ancient Egypt. Licorice root has anti-inflammatory, antipruritic, antiallergic effect and regulates the water-salt metabolism. It is effective in:
- gastric and duodenal ulcers,
- gastritis, etc.
Licorice roots can procure throughout the year, except for the frosty period (December-February). Dug rhizomes with roots are separated from above-ground stems and other impurities, sorted, remove the roots with brown and black spots or damaged by pests. Air dried, laying a thin layer (5-10 cm) and turning occasionally. After drying the long, smooth roots are cleaned from the cork part. Store raw materials in a dry ventilated area in gauze bags, packages. Shelf life is 10 years.
- As an expectorant, mild laxative and anti-inflammatory agent used a decoction of the roots of licorice: 10 g of raw pour 200 ml of boiling water, cover, cook on boiling water bath for 20 minutes, to insist 1-2 hours, strain, overcome and bring boiled water to 200 ml. Take 1 tbsp 4-5 times a day. Or: 1 tablespoon of raw materials to 1 Cup boiling water, drink 1/4-1/3 Cup 4-5 times a day.
- Gastritis and stomach ulcers: about 1 ml of licorice root juice diluted in 100 ml of hot water. This solution is moderately warm to drink in 2-3 doses.
- Infusion of licorice root and lime blossom, taken in the ratio 2:1, will soothe the cough, contribute to the dilution of the thick, astringent phlegm.
- In folk medicine, cough and other respiratory diseases apply the powder from the roots of licoricemixed with honey: 0.5 tsp. powder 1 tsp. honey, take a dose three times a day before meals. To be treated until full recovery.
- Pharyngitis, laryngitis, breathing difficulties, stomach ulcers and other gastro diseases it is recommended to chew small pieces of licorice root. It also helps to relieve hangover.
- When the hacking cough: 1 tablespoon crushed dried roots of licorice pour 250 ml of boiling water, simmer on low heat for 10 minutes, then strain through cheesecloth, folded in several layers. Take the decoction warm to 5 times per day before meals.
- In diseases of the kidneys, bladder, pour 6 g of root 1 Cup boiling water, boil in covered dish for 30 minutes, strain boiled water, bring to the initial volume. Take 1 tbsp three times a day before meals.
- Chronic constipation, digestive diseases, poisonings, and arthritis: 10 g of licorice root (about 1 tbsp) pour 200 ml of boiling water, cover, put in a water bath and soaking for 20 min. Then insist 1-2 hours, drain, squeeze and pour 1 Cup of water. Make tool 1 tbsp. l. 4-5 times a day.
Attention! Prolonged use of licorice increased blood pressure, swelling may appear, weakened libido, gynecomastia is developing. shouldn't take licorice with arrhythmias, pregnancy and obesity.
CHICORY ROOT TO SOOTHE THE HEART
In Europe, chicory is cultivated and grown specifically for the production of beverages and medicines. The most valuable part of the chicory - the root. Decoctions and tinctures from the root increase appetite, improve digestion, soothe the nervous system, help the work of the heart. In folk medicine, chicory is used in diseases:
Eczema and neglected wounds, apply rubbing alcohol tincture or wash the cooled decoction of chicory root. Also, the infusion and decoction of the roots of chicory is effective in:
- gallstone disease,
- stomach ulcers,
- diarrhea, etc.
The roots of chicory harvest in October. It is better to dig and not pull out of the ground by hand. The washed roots need to spread out on cloth or thick paper and parch. After that, clean with small and damaged roots and continue to dry or in the sun or in the oven (at a temperature of 35-40°C). To understand what root is ready, you need to break off a small part, if you hear a cracking sound - the raw material is dried completely. Ready roots become brownish-gray, on the edge they are white or slightly yellowish. To store raw material is better in paper bags or canvas bags in a dry dark place.
- In diseases of spleen is used chicory infusion: 20 g of crushed roots brew 1 Cup of boiling water, let stand for one hour, take 1-2 tablespoon three times a day.
- In diseases of the liver recommended 2 tbsp roots to brew 0.5 liters of boiling water, add 2 tbsp of honey and 1 tsp of fruit vinegar. A decoction taken hot during the day without restrictions.
- For the prevention of bronchitisand laryngitis, and also at illnesses of lungs is useful to combine the use of medicines on the basis of chicory with a stay in bath. Crushed roots of chicory mixed with the leaves of motherwort at a ratio of 1:1. Brew 1.5 tbsp of this mixture and 1 Cup of boiling water and drink it in the bath.
- When the arrhythmia will help this recipe: 1 tsp of crushed chicory roots pour 2 cups of water, bring to a boil. Infuse for 1-2 hours under the hood, strain, add 1 tsp of honey. Take 0.5 cups three times a day before meals.
- For those who want to get rid of extra pounds, I suggest to take 0.5 cups of infusion of chicory (1 tablespoon of ground roots on 0,5 l of water) 3-4 times a day before meals.
- Chicory stimulates bile production, relaxes smooth muscle: 2 tbsp. l. crushed roots pour 2 cups of water and boil for 30 minutes, to insist 30 minutes, drain. Take 0.5 cups three times a day before meals.
- Eczema, furunculosis, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis do every day applications of infusion of chicory (2 tsp. crushed roots in 200 ml boiling water) for 20-30 minutes for 3-5 days to reduce inflammation or drying of moist surfaces.
- When diathesis in children: 4 tbsp powdered roots and aerial parts of chicory, taken in equal proportions, pour 1 Cup hot water, boil 30 minutes, cool for 10 minutes, drain and squeeze to apply as lotions and douches.
Coffee chicory: dried roots chop and fry in a frying pan, lightly greased with vegetable oil, 1-2 tsp. of the thus prepared chicory to brew a Cup of hot water. To enjoy a "coffee" from chicory, it is not necessary to seek in it the similarity with natural coffee. It is necessary to feel its own original taste and aroma. This drink is rich in healing properties, improves circulation, dissolves and removes gall stones, and gives a person cheerfulness in the morning and drunk at night to prevent insomnia. Chicory tea: 1 teaspoon roots pour 250 ml of cold water, bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, drain.
In addition to making medicinal drinks and remedies, the roots of chicory used for salads (sweet peppers, cucumbers and onions), salads (with pickles, green peas, carrots, onions, eggs). Chicory, stew in vegetable oil or butter, with egg-butter sauce used as a garnish for potato or meat dishes. In any form, it gives the food an especially piquant flavour.
Attention! People suffering from vascular disease, and varicose varicose veins, hemorrhoids, stomach ulcers, before the use of chicory need to consult a doctor.
Prepared Alla has GRISHILO.