Unpleasant burning sensation in the stomach after eating felt almost everyone. According to statistics, about 20% of people heartburn concerns not less than once a week. What is heartburn, what causes it and how to get rid of this problem, tell the doctor-gastroenterologist of the Zaporozhye city hospital № 1 Tatyana Kunets.
If burning in the chest
- Heartburn - this discomfort or heat, burning sensation behind the breastbone, which extends upward from the epigastric region in the course of the esophagus. The occurrence of heartburn is a major symptom of the widespread diseases of the esophagus that develops as a result of damage to the mucous membrane of stomach acid. Many people occurrence of heartburn occurs periodically, usually in an hour after meal. Especially if the food was plenty and it's sharp. Less heartburn occurs during exercise, when the tilt of the body or when the person is in a horizontal position.
Gastritis, cholecystitis or angina?
- Does heartburn sure about diseases
of the digestive tract?
- The cause of heartburn can be increased acidity, increased intra-abdominal pressure, gastritis or other gastrointestinal disease. Will investigate more. Usually heartburn occurs when high acidity gastric juice, but can occur at low acidity due to the special sensitivity of the mucous membrane of the esophagus and stomach, and at cholecystitis, hernia hiatal, sometimes during pregnancy. Can occur in the nervous system (shortly after a meal).
Especially it should be noted that heartburn can be a symptom of diseases of cardiovascular system, not of the digestive system. It is typical for angina, and occasionally occurs and when the blood pressure. To determine its cause in such cases, it is easy. If after taking sedatives or nitroglycerin heartburn passes, you need to consult a cardiologist, who according to the results of the electrocardiogram will prescribe an appropriate treatment
Heartburn in healthy people may be a manifestation of hypersensitivity to certain foods or abuse, hot spices, fatty foods, alcoholic drinks. In some people, heartburn and chest pain arise suddenly when lifting heavy objects. The reason is a sharp increase in intra-abdominal pressure, when it becomes possible to reflux of gastric contents into the esophagus. Often heartburn combined with burping (especially acidic). This may be a sign of gastritis or peptic ulcer disease
. To clarify the cause of heartburn should be screened with your doctor. After that, he will prescribe an appropriate treatment
. In the absence of treatment probable serious consequences.
Treatment and prevention of heartburn
- How to treat heartburn?
- Usually to remove (nausea), heartburn, enough to drink water, you can eliminate it by taking antacids (substances that neutralize acid), they envelop the lining of the esophagus and protect it from the effects of gastric juice. However, bouts of heartburn can be repeated often enough and disrupt normal life. Therefore, the treatment
of heartburn provides the diet, the use of drugs, as well as healthy lifestyle. It is advisable to do an ultrasound to determine what exactly occurs heartburn. If from high acidity, then you need to take drugs that reduce the acidity of the stomach. For example, in the morning, 30-40 minutes before Breakfast.
- Mrs Tatiana, please tell us what the prevention of heartburn.
- To cope with heartburn will help the following tools: drink warm mineral water, milk; when unbearable heartburn can cause vomiting or a stomach wash. You can take coal powder, baking soda 1/4 tsp. water), chalk, mint drops in the water. These tools help temporarily, and get rid of heartburn can treatment
that caused it. In General should abandon sharp, fried, fatty foods, alcohol, chocolate, fresh products from the test, fresh bread. Stop Smoking: nicotine increases the production of stomach acid and increases its acidity. Follow proper diet: eat 5-6 times a day in small portions, preventing overflow of the stomach. Do not rush during meals, carefully chewing each piece. Try to put the plug on the table during chewing.
In addition, it is recommended to get rid of excess weight. Excess fat in the abdomen can put pressure on the stomach, causing the reflux of acid into the esophagus. Keep a journal to record those products that are consumed, and bouts of heartburn. This will help identify foods that provoke the problem. Also drink a lot of water before and during exercise. This will help to avoid dehydration.
After eating, it is impossible to lie down, walk, stand, or at least sit 30-40 minutes. To prevent the throwing of stomach contents into the esophagus sleep, placing his head two pillows.
Avoid activities that increase intra-abdominal pressure: do not lean after eating, do not lift heavy, don't overtax your stomach, doing exercises. In the case of cold be sure to have some medications for cough, as it contributed to the abandonment of gastric contents into the esophagus. Try to avoid stressful situations that trigger heartburn.
Will help potatoes, carrots and herbs
- How to get rid of heartburn natural remedies?
- Will help to get rid of heartburn normal potato. It can be cut into small pieces and chew it raw. Effective fresh juice, potatoes, it should take small SIPS before eating. Keeps fresh carrot juice, drink 0.5 cups of 1 per day.
You can use decoctions and infusions of grasses: mint, yarrow, St. John's wort, dill, watch, chamomile. Here are a few ideas:
• Take 2 tbsp. L. herbs centaury ordinary and root or leaves marshmallow, pour 3 cups boiling water, leave for 4 hours, strain, drink 50 ml 4 times a day for 30 minutes before eating.
• The roots, seeds and leaves of Angelica well dried and crushed, a pinch of the received powder to brew tea, to take three times a day.
• One table spoon of the crushed grass sushenitsy marsh, pour a glass of boiling water, leave for 10 minutes, drink 100 ml three times a day for 30 minutes before eating.
• 20 g herb St. John's wort, yarrow, sushenitsy marsh pour 1 liter of boiling water, to insist 2 hours, strain. Drink 0.5 cups 4-5 times a day.
Also helps with heartburn piece of fatty cheese, if there is no bread. And if you eat a handful of raw zucchini seeds, then after a few minutes heartburn will gradually disappear.