Apricot is attracted not only by his appearance and taste and nutritive and healing properties. They consume both fresh and dried, are preparing jam, jams, juices, compotes, jellies, etc.
Apricots contain sugar (10,5%), inulin, citric, tartaric and malic acids, tanning substances, starch, vitamins of groups b, C, N, E, P, provitamin a, iron, silver, phosphorus, iodine, etc in Addition, apricots have pectin, which is able to rid the body of toxic products of metabolism and cholesterol. According to the Indian and Pakistani researchers, eating apricots and products of their processing helps to prolong life. Monitoring food residents Indian Hunza valley in the Himalayas, where the average life expectancy is 85-90 years, showed that among them food is dominated apricots.
THE FRUITS OF HEALTH
Apricot is beneficial effect on the blood, which is especially important for those who suffer from anemia. And thanks to high content of magnesium, quickly and permanently eliminate high blood pressure. So for hypertension in the period of ripening of apricots recommend them as much as possible. In addition, the consumption of apricots improves memory, increases efficiency of the brain, extends the cerebral vessels. The amount of potassium in these vegetables is significantly more than in other fruits and vegetables. And since potassium is a regulator of the heart muscle, apricots in any form is very useful for those who have problems with heartmeters Especially noticeable positive effect of dried apricots, dried apricots, fresh apricots in patients with chronic heart failure.
Besides, apricots have diuretic properties, so they are used in diseases of the kidney. Pregnant while toxicosis, oedema and hypertension they are recommended in the first place.
It should be noted that the most useful fresh and dried apricots, because in the process of thermal treatment of the vitamin is destroyed.
• Just 100 g of flesh apricots a day can relieve chronic constipation and to establish regular bowel movements.
• Fresh fruit pulp is the best remedy for sunburn and dermatitis: apricots peel, wipe through a sieve, or to grate on the plastic grater. This mush be applied on the affected area for 20-30 minutes (you can pre-lay it on the gauze.
THE JUICE, WHICH PUTS ON HIS FEET
Apricot juice digested more easily than fruit. Therefore, the recommendations for its use significantly more. Depending on the availability of diseases and problems of the body, apricot juice can be enjoyed from 100 ml to 1 liter per day. Just 0.75 cups of this juice is sufficient to meet the daily requirements of vitamins.
To make an apricot juice need to take ripe fruit, in which the bone is easily separated from the pulp. After washing and drying they must be released from the bones, put in a juicer and squeeze the juice. You can also just mash with a fork or pestle till and squeeze the juice through a gauze. Do not try how can harder to filter: juice more useful with pulp. In addition to drink it immediately after cooking, as it quickly loses its healing properties, even when stored in the refrigerator.
• 150 ml apricot juice a day satisfy the daily needs of carotene. For better absorption of vitamin a is necessary to add 1 ch. L. vegetable oil without smell.
• Hypertension very helpful to drink 0.5 cups of apricot juice three times a day before meals.
• Depleted disease people are advised to take 1-3 glass of apricot juice per day depending on the reaction of the intestine. This method was applied still doctors of Ancient China, rising to his feet very sick patients after debilitating diseases.
• Pregnant women and young children apricot juice is useful as a "Builder" of cells, adipose tissue, bones and teeth: take 150 ml of juice per day.
• When colitis, meteorism and dysbacteriosis apricot juice will help to normalize the acidity of the stomach and to establish regular bowel movements. The rate of admission depends on the weight of the person, is usually enough in the morning and evening to drink 100 ml juice.
• Problems in urinogenital sphere apricot juice may help as an excellent diuretic. Is only in the intervals between meals to drink 100 ml juice, bringing the number of doses up to 6-8 per day.
• As noted above, apricots very useful at cardiovascular diseases, accompanied by edema. Once a week is recommended fasting day: 300 g soaked dried fruits (dried apricots) to eat for 4 reception during the day and drinking 0.5 l of apricot juice with pulp.
• Externally, the juice can be used for healing of wounds, acne and blackheads.
THE DRIED APRICOTS - THE DRIED FRUIT OF CENTENARIANS
There are three types of dried apricots is dried apricots, Kaisa and dried apricots. Dried apricots - the dried halves of apricots without stones. Kaisa - cut apricot, which bone is removed through a hole in the place of attachment of the stem. The dried apricots is dried whole apricots with a stone. Their main value is that during the drying process, they retain the majority of vitamins and minerals. However, the people of Central Asia - Tajik and Uzbek - convinced that only the apricot has the necessary healing properties, and dried apricots and Kaisa considered normal sweets. And this makes sense, because the technology of drying apricots are much more environmentally friendly than other dried apricots. The fact that he is dried without interference into the process of man: the ripe fruits is left on the tree to Mature to full dehydration.
The dried apricots are rich in vitamins and minerals. The content of potassium he actually holds the record among other dried fruits. Residents of Central Asia belong to this fruit as a gift of Allah, praise of its healing properties in poems and fairy tales. Tajiks, for example, believe, if each morning enjoy a brew wild apricots grown in the mountainous region, it is possible to live without diseases to 100-120 years. Moreover, this dried fruit is considered to be the "fruit shop": it rejuvenates the skin and strengthens the hair. Doctors also say healing properties. It eliminates vessel occlusion. His sweet varieties good help in the treatment of nervous disorders, and sour - can help with chronic migraine headaches and colds.
PURCHASE DRIED APRICOTS: BENEFIT OR HARM?
Kaisa and dried apricots on the curative qualities similar to that of dried apricots. However, they are far superior to his fellow man, with a stone on the content of sugars, carotene and iodine. The latter makes the dried apricots and Kaisa a good means of prevention of endocrine diseases.
The most popular among current users is dried apricots. And everything would be fine, if not for the chemicals used in its manufacture. Almost all the dried apricots is dried by means of sulfurous anhydride to make it marketable. This gas fumigate the fruits, so that they become unnatural yellow or orange color. In this case, dried apricots becomes inedible for bugs and stored for a long time (does not decay and does not blossom). Also during fumigation on the skin is formed sulphurous acid, which prevents the darkening fruits drying.
Therefore, some Uzbeks say that dried apricots in modern times it is better not to buy. Untreated grey dried apricots rare now to see. It is better to buy dried apricot. He has a more intensive taste, as well as a lot of flavors that in dried apricots are lost. But if you really want dried apricots, you Uruk a little wet and remove the seeds. Or find on the market plain matte grey dried apricots.
THE SUN IS THE BEST DRYER FRUIT
However, if there is such a possibility, it is possible to prepare dried apricots on their own, at home. There is a long "antiquated" method of drying apricots in the sun. This requires the selection of only a ripe fruit. Before drying them need to wash, cut in half and remove the seeds. Then, on 10-12 min immerse in water solution of citric acid (2 teaspoon on 1 glass of water) - this will prevent darkening of the fruit. Then put on the sieve cut down in one layer. Drying in the sun lasts 3-4 days. Then the fruits are to be stacked in several layers in one of the sieves and doushite in the shade. From 4 kg of fresh fruits you can get about 1 kg of dried apricots, which can permanently be stored.
If you can not be dried apricots in the sun, you can use the oven. This requires the selection of high-quality fruit them carefully wash and remove the seeds. After that, apricots need to keep about 5-10 minutes in the colander, watering them with boiling water. This is done in order to preserve their natural color. Then Pat dry on a clean surface and place in the oven for 8-10 hours at a temperature of 65 C. in order to preserve all the useful properties, dried fruit should be placed in a wooden box, tightly closed, for three weeks. You cannot use pine and spruce boxes: they dried apricots will get an unpleasant smell.
Can apricots freeze. You should take more solid, slightly unripe. So they will be rumpled and will not lose its shape. Before freezing fruits washed, put on a cotton towel to alahli. Then put them on the tray in a single layer and freeze, stand in a freezer full of freezing. After this solid frozen fruits put in a suitable container and must close. It should be left as little air inside the package. Such apricots are well suited for preparation of compotes. Unfreeze they do not need, and just to throw in boiling water.
The second method of freezing - in sugar syrup. Apricots wash, take out the seeds, give to drain excess water and put in a deep dish, layer by layer pour sugar. After the sugar will be syrup, apricots placed in the prepared container. Frozen thus apricots well retain their shape and are ideal for fillings for cakes, etc.
SEVERAL MEDICINAL RECIPES OF DRIED APRICOTS
• As a restorative dried apricots recommend 100-150 grams per day frail people suffering from chronic diseases, pregnant women and children.
• Dried apricots is good for the brain cells: grind in a meat grinder 100 g dried apricots, add 2 tablespoons of honey and mix. Take 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day.
• 100 g dried apricots well washed with warm water, chop, add 0.5 liters of boiling water, to insist within 6 hours in a tightly sealed container; take 1 glass of 4-5 times a day. This infusion is effective against explicit and hidden edema, and also very useful when significant neuro-emotional loads. If necessary, the infusion can be sweetened with honey.
• To improve hemoglobin recommended this recipe: take 200 grams of dried apricots and walnuts, grind in a blender, add honey to taste. To give the child 1 tsp. 1 times a day after meals.
Attention! Apricots can not be used in any form of diabetes mellitus (I and II type) due to the fact that they contain a large number of sucrose. Also not recommended apricots in acute chronic diseases of digestive system, liver and insufficient thyroid function. Besides, it is necessary to limit the number under reduced pressure, heart rate less than 60 beats per minute, renal failure, urinary stone disease.
Prepared Alla GRISHILO.